- Rice and beans (choose from any number of international creations including Creole, Mexican, Cuban…the possibilities and flavors are endless).
- Hummus (chickpea & tahini dip)
- Falafel (chickpea “meat” balls) served with Taboulleh (bulger & parsley salad)
- Soups: Split pea; Pasta fagiole; Black Bean; Lentil Soup;
- Vegetarian Burgers (try any number of varieties found in the freezer section of your local grocery store)
- Burritos made with beans, rice, vegetables, cheese.
- Tofu stir-fry
- Edamame (green soybeans) atop your favorite salad
The University of Nebraska's Cooperative Extension in Lancaster County's "Cook It Quick" is a great resource. Written and published by another dietitian, Alice Henneman...check it out this edition about cooking with dry beans!